Hello all, what follows is Volume 2 of two very special mixes I made upon returning from the motherland: Uruguay. Truly, this was the best trip I’ve ever been on. Here I try to capture the atmosphere and sentiment of me and my wife’s experiences through the sounds we listened to while there, as well as with what I was inspired to dig up and look into upon our return.
I have come to realize that for the foreseeable future I simply will not have time to reproduce something akin to what I accomplished with the post for Volume 1. However, I feel that I must post this now with the season being just perfect for these tunes to be heard–as this two-volume mix is best enjoyed when under the warm sun; so be sure to break it out a few times over the course of the summer! If you enjoy any of the artists represented here I strongly encourage you to explore their work and lives further, as many remain relatively unknown outside of that wonderful little country nestled between the massive Brazil and Argentina, settled on the banks of a river as wide as a sea: Uruguay.
O, and don’t forget to revisit Volume 1, as they certainly work best together as a whole.
You can go directly to the download for Vol. 1 –(HERE)–
I am fairly confident that these two mixes are all you would require for the summer!
A MOUTHFUL OF PENNIES PRESENTS: EL AMBIENTE BIEN BABES Y BEAN DE URUGUAY: VOLUME 2
1) Por Una Cabeza – Georgia Tech Symphony Orchestra (2004)
2) Momma Miss America – Paul McCartney (1970)
3) Dame Tu Sonrisa Loco – Días de Blues (1972)
4) Make Up Your Mind – Los Mockers (1966)
5) So You Want To Be A Rock ‘N’ Roll Star – The Byrds (1967)
6) Una Forma de Arco Iris – Los Shakers (1968)
7) Siempre Vas – El Kinto (1967)
8) Ilusión – Opus Alfa (1972)
9) Luna De Margarita – Devendra Banhart (2005)
10) De Este Cielo Santo – Totem (1971)
11) I’m In Great Shape/I Wanna Be Around/Workshop/ Vega-Tables – Brian Wilson (2004)
12) La Mama Vieja – Eduardo Mateo (1971)
13) Maybe The People Would Be The Times Or Between Clark And Hilldale – Love (1967)
14) Standard – Los Moonlights (1976)
15) Negro – Totem (1972)
16) Mejor No Hablar De Ciertas Cosas – Sumo (1985)
17) Esa Tristeza – Diane Denoir & Eduardo Mateo (1971)
18) The Scarecrow – Pink Floyd (1967)
19) Adj Egy Percet – Sarolta Zalatnay (1972)
20) Candombe Triste – Miguel Y El Comite (1971)
21) Jacinta – Los Delfines (1970)
22) She’s A Woman – The Beatles (1964)
23) Si Solo Tuviera Tiempo – Sexteto Electronico Moderno (1969)
24) Si Te Vas De Mi Pueblo – Eduardo Mateo & Reinaldo (1969)
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— A MixTape by A Mouthful of Pennies (Bobby Calero). Cover art by Keri Kroboth. —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
—————————————————— — ———————–
— — – — — –